By Drew Canole: fitlife.tv
When I wake up every morning, the first thing I drink is warm water and lemon and before I sleep I do the same thing. I recommend this to my clients who go on the Alpha Reset as well. Drinking warm water and lemon has so many benefits and at the same time it makes me feel hydrated. I also drink lemon water first thing in the morning to kick start my digestive system.
Here are 7 reasons why you should start your day with 1 cup warm water and 1/2 lemon.
1. Immune BoosterVitamin C is probably one of the easiest and fastest ways to boost your immune system. Lemons are packed with vitamin C. Vitamin C also helps neutralize free radicals that are associated with aging and disease. Vitamin C is great for the skin as well. It helps decrease blemishes and acne. Drinking one cup of warm water and lemon everyday will dramatically decrease acne problems and wrinkles as well.
Since lemons are high in vitamins, toxins, unwanted minerals and other substances are pushed out from the body.
Lemons are also high in potassium. Potassium is especially important because it helps regulate blood pressure and is important for nerve function.
Check out the best immune boosting herbs here <—
2. PH BalanceDrinking warm water and lemon helps you maintain an alkaline state. Even though lemon juice is acidic, it doesn’t create acidity in your body, it’s actually one of the most alkaline foods.
For alkalizing juice recipes click here <—
3. Liver FunctionLemon juice is amazing for liver function. Lemon juice promotes healthy liver function because it strengthens liver enzymes, regulates carbohydrate levels and increases the production of enzymes. Adding lemon juice (1/2 of a lemon) to warm water and drinking it everyday works as a great liver detoxifier.
For juice recipes that are great for your liver click here <—
4. Blood VesselsLemons contain vitamin P (bioflavinoids) which prevent internal hemorrhage and thus is another great way to reduce blood pressure.
5. Cleans You Out and Aids in DigestionLemon juice like most fresh vegetable juices contain pectin fiber. Pectin fiber is a type of water soluble fiber that helps reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol levels. Another great thing about pectin is that it keeps you feeling full and reduces cravings.
6. Natural DiureticLemon juice and warm water also help increase the rate of urination. This is great because toxins and other harmful substances are pushed out of your body, leaving your body in a alkaline state.
7. Hydration of Lymph SystemWarm water and lemon juice supports the immune system by hydrating and replacing fluids lost by your body. When your body is deprived of water, you can definitely feel the side effects, which include: feeling tired, sluggish, decreased immune function, constipation, lack of energy, low/high blood pressure, lack of sleep, lack of mental clarity and feeling stressed just to name a few.
When you have these symptoms it might mean that your adrenals are “fatigued.” Your adrenals function in secreting necessary hormones, regulating stress response, regulating blood pressure and much more. So keep your adrenals happy by staying hydrated.