Saturday, March 30, 2013

Strawberry Rhubarb Delight!

cure for diabetes, strawberry rhubarb, juice, cure for chronic illness


As a child I loved Rhubarb, especially when it was mixed with Strawberry in jams and pies.  This morning I decided to revisit my childhood, and made a strawberry rhubarb juice.  If you like strawberry rhubarb desserts you will find it hard to resist this refreshing juice as a start to your day.

Recipe.  Like most juices it's fairly simple, EXCPET FOR THE CLEANING AND PREP....

4-6 stalks of Rhubarb (More rhubarb = more tart)
1 pint fresh Strawberries (remove the greens if you want juice whole)
1 to 1.5 cups of grapes (I used green grapes. I imagine Concord would be good also)
2 whole apples (I used honey crisp. They are sweet and do well to counter the sour/tart taste of the rhubarb.
1 Banana (don't juice the banana... I've learned the hard way...never juice the banana... oh the horror...

Except for the banana, Juice all of the above ingredients, and blend in the banana.

Fill with ice if you desire, and serve chilled.

This was a first attempt at this recipe. I look forward to your tweaks, and advice on this new favorite!

1 DAY AND A LIFETIME TO GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment