Saturday, March 23, 2013

Diabetes Medications Removed!!

Cure Diabetes, Reverse Diabetes, Taken off Meds, Reduce medication for diabetes, juicing and diabetes


Friends. It is with great satisfaction that I write today's blog entry.  As of 12:00pm this afternoon
(Saturday March 23, 2013) my doctor has removed me from my Type II Diabetes medication! I am medication free! I will take a lower dosage of Metformin for 2 to 3 days and slowly ween my system off of the drugs. Also, my wife just put me in to a size 38 pant, down from size 44!  If I can pull this off in just over 30 days...So can you!

Diabetes Reversed?  I hear a lot of talk about reversing diabetes.  At this point I am not ready to say that it's reversed.  I am still diabetic, I still have to maintain a strict regimen which will include checking my blood sugars regularly. In fact I plan to check more often for the first few weeks.
My goal is to get to a sustained healthy weight, and maintain good health and fitness. I still have a long way to go, and will never live without looking over my shoulder to be sure this completely unnecessary chronic illness isn't lurking in the shadows to catch up with my lazy, oblivious butt ever again.

What comes After the Juice Fast?  Quite a few people have asked me, "so, what comes after the juice fast?" I never really had a great answer, because I didn't quite understand my own personal health goals at the time.  The bottom line is more hard work, discipline, and dedication is what comes after juicing. I had to teach myself that I was not on a diet, but on a journey to take ownership over my own personal health and well-being.

Dieting is for Quitters:  Yes.. I said it.  In my humble opinion, The concept of dieting in America, and across the globe, has crippled many well intentioned people.  In my mind, dieting is finite. There is a beginning and an end.  Once I understood this, I realized what people were really asking me.  "So, when you stop this crazy fad diet, and go back to eating Taco Bell, Burger King, 5 Guys (oh durn that sounds good right now), and Mexican every night...won't you gain all that weight back, and won't your blood sugar be just as high?"  My answer is YES, of course.  This is why I can never go back.  I am not on a diet.  I am missing a major component of the diet.  There was a beginning, but there can be no end! This is where the Juice Avenger motto "1 day and a lifetime to go" comes from."  I will take every day one day at a time and make wise choices every day, leaving some wiggle room. Sure, I will have a burger at the end of my 60 days.  But it will be just one, not one a day, not one a week, just one!  My life can never be the same again. I have diabetes...but I refuse to be diabetic.

I hope that you will stick with me on the rest of this journey, and I hope that many of you will share your experiences here at Juice Avenger.  That's all for now, I'm going to head out and play with the kids.... knowing that if I keep this up we will have much more time together!

1 DAY AND A LIFETIME TO GO!!!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment