Thursday, March 7, 2013

Health-formation overload!!!!


I consider this a normal guy's blog to trying to solve the endless train of health freak pontification that exists to overwhlem or senses. If you are anything like me, you have NO CLUE where to start, what's right/what's wrong, or who to listen to.  I am overwhelmed by the amount of information found through media. Everyone thinks they hold the secret to what is best for us...without ever meeting us or knowing our unique body. Who do we trust?  Certainly not paid broadcasters or salesmen.  My wife and I finally decided to take our personal health into our own hands and take ownership over what we choose to fuel our body with.  Early on in our journey there is one truth that we have found.  The processed junk that we are putting into our bodies is poisoning us and there are hundreds of ways of cleansing our systems and stopping the "poop" train! So what do we do?  I have no idea.  I think the secret is to start somewhere.  To make a small step forward, or in our case, one big step for mankind! As we've begun this journey we are slowly realizing how bad much of what we buy in restaurants and stores is.  We've made the decision to eliminate the processed foods from our diet, for at least 30 days, and afterwards?  Who knows?  I intend to limit fatty protein, increase the amount of vegetables in the diet, and LIMIT the junk... my weakness for soft pretzels, bread, and nachos is kicking me in the head as I write this!  Today marks day 15 of my 30 day juice fast.  I have lost 12 pounds and blood sugars have been great since day two!  15 days and a lifetime to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment