Monday, April 8, 2013

Collard Greens like You Can't Imagine!

cure diabetes, Health, weight loss, how to lose weight, Vegetarian dishes, indian dishes


I've never been a fan of Collard Greens. I've always found them to be too mushy. We had some cooked in Indian spices recently and I've been craving them ever since.  If you like flavor you will love our take on Collard Greens!

I've attached a picture of the Collards I am eating while I write this.  It is an unattractive picture, and might resemble something the Hulk might hack up after a long night of Smashing things... but I felt the need to share this one with you, and get it into writing before I forget!

I am by no means an Alton Brown, I love the guy, but I'm just too math challenged to worry about measuring spices and how certain foods relate to Quantum physics...and what not. I flavor to taste, and sometimes to distaste, but here is tonight's concoction. I hope you enjoy it.

This Dish is Strongly Anti-Inflammatory, high in protein, and a low Glycemic food!  ENJOY!

Spiced Collard Greens:

3 cups of Collard Greens
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 medium white onion
A LOT O' OLIVE OIL!
4-5 cloves of Garlic (thinly sliced)  (9 grams of protein in 136 g of garlic) and off the charts for anti-inflammation!  EAT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN!   Plus you can keep away the cast of Twilight, and other Vampires!
About 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
about 1 tsp Tumeric (strong anti-inflammatory!)
about 1 tsp Paprika
about 1 tsp
about 1 tsp Ground Cardamom
Salt/Pepper to Taste

Toast the onion, garlic, Mushrooms, and spices in the olive oil over low to med heat.
Once your house smells like heaven, and you find yourself thinking about licking the hot pan..
Go ahead and toss in the Collards.

Blend all ingredients, cover and simmer about 15 minutes. Occasionally check and stir up the pan (either to ensure you don't burn the dish, or just to get a blast of the smell! )


It's fast, it's tasty, and I want to eat another bowl!

 1 DAY AND A LIFETIME TO GO!!!!!




http://www.101healthyrecipes.com/blog/2010/08/what-is-garam-masala/

1 comment:

  1. this looks like an awesome preparation. Will definitely try it

    http://goodeatstostyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete